About the business
Renew Geelong is an initiative lead by national social enterprise ‘Renew Australia’. The program activates vacant commercial spaces by incubating short-term uses with creative enterprises and independent local businesses on rent-free basis via a rolling 30-day license. The program is co-funding by Creative Victoria and the City of Greater Geelong.
About the role
Reporting to the Renew Australia Manager, the Renew Geelong Project Manager will have the important responsibility of managing the delivery of the Renew Geelong initiative.
Position type and Employment period
The Renew Geelong Project Manager will be offered a fixed-term permanent part-time contract for an initial period of 6 months, with the potential to extend with a revised job description. Working hours will be variable; however, we are looking for an experienced project manager with the capacity and flexibility to work up to 15 to 22.5 hours per week. Applicants with a background in real estate or property management with a passion for Geelong and the Arts will be highly regarded.
This job will be based in the Geelong CBD, but may require travel to Melbourne for attendance at meetings with the Renew Australia team.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. Project planning and service delivery
· Prepare and report to the delegated scope of work, budget, and schedule, coordinate delivery schedule, and monitor performance to meet relevant milestones.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of internal project planning documentation, external deliverables, operating procedures and collaborative processes, in coordination with the management team.
· Manage project delivery through established “Renew” model processes, as mentored by the management team.
2. Communications management, marketing and research
· Develop and maintain Renew Geelong contacts database and in-house project files, in liaison with Renew Australia team.
· Write and provide reporting to funding partners and Renew Australia on project progress.
· Contribute to operational, deliverable and evaluation reports as required.
· Contribute to the development of a marketing plan, including target groups, schedule, and campaign content.
· Coordinate ongoing promotional activity for Renew Geelong (via the website, social media, and EDM campaigns) and develop new marketing opportunities as required.
3. Engagement and onsite project management
· Act as the first point of contact for Renew Geelong, responding to enquiries and ensure all formal documentation for media, applicants, participants, property owners, and funding partners, etc. is provided efficiently.
· Seek vacant property and advocate for the Renew Initiative
· Broker and execute license agreements with property owners and agents
· Coordinate property inspections.
· Facilitate the negotiation and execution of license and participation agreements between property owners and selected participants, and provide intermediary property management service to supervise the temporary entry, fit-out, use and exit of each premise.
Benefits and perks
Flexible work hours
Skills and experience
Key Selection Criteria
1. Professional experience or interest in a relevant industry – commercial real estate, property/economic/community development, creative industry/arts administration, NFP/social enterprise, urban/strategic planning, retail/consumer trends, place making/management.
2. Understanding of, and passion for, creative enterprise and the revitalisation of communities and local economies – ideally with strong connection to or knowledge of the Geelong region
3. High-level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – including experience in stakeholder engagement, negotiation, and professional documentation.
4. High-level administrative and organisational skills – including highly developed attention to detail, ability to simplify, prioritise, and anticipate tasks
5. Developed understanding of the requirements for effective project management and creative collaboration – including ability to work independently, multi-task, delegate and/or complete a micro to macro scope of actions, engage with different disciplines, adopt new technologies, streamline processes, respond to changing priorities and pressures, and deliver to budgets and deadlines.
6. Dynamic, decisive, self-motivated and open-minded – commitment to taking initiative, collaborative process, learning, experimentation, and continuous improvement in the workplace.
1. Appreciation of the unique “Renew” model of accessing properties for creative activation
2. Understanding of the needs and dynamics of small-scale creative business or independent initiatives.
3. Basic understanding of local government, urban planning, and compliance issues and processes in relation to space/ place activation.
4. Experience in curation or programming of multi-disciplinary creative projects – including assessment of proposal applications.
5. Experience in community engagement, public speaking, and/or managing expectations of diverse stakeholders.
Please submit your application via Seek no later than 5PM AEST Sunday 9th June 2019.
Applications will only be accepted via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/